Sunday, 11 April 2010

Mount and Blade: Warband Impressions!

While I have been trying not to wear myself out playing Final Fantasy 13 which seems to be one massive ordeal at the moment I can take comfort in that Mount and Blade: Warband will be there for me when things get a little to much with Lightning and the gang.

Mount and Blade Warband is exactly the opposite of what Final Fantasy is. It's a free roaming, sandbox medieval RPG set in a fictional place which does not seem to different from mainland Europe.

The whole point of this game is to play a character as you see fit. Not follow some contrived bullshit story about people who have been given godlike powers and that have tatto's that turn in to animals like some kind of Data East Mortal Kombat rip-off. If you want to just roam around the countryside and pillage everything that you see then that's cool. Don't like to fight? then you could always become a trader. Hell you can even start your own faction and become kind of everything that surrounds you if you wish. That's what I like about this game, it's a refreshing change from the linear games I have been playing lately.

Oh and did I mention this game now has multiplayer? Yeah that's right you can get involved in some brutal 64 man skirmishes which works surprisingly well for an independently made video game. Don't do straight deathmatch though because it's a cluster fuck, head towards the Battle or Seige modes for the real deal as those are the real money makers of this franchise.

Anyway I highly recommend this game, it's brilliant!

No comments: