Sunday, 21 February 2010

Aliens vs Predator: The Reason I have not updated in a few days!

So I brought this game on Friday and I have to say I am impressed with what I have played so far. I played a little of the solo survivor mode first just to see if it would keep me interested enough and sure enough it did. The Aliens were sneaky enough to make this mode tense while not going stupidly overpowered that they can take two clips to the face like another game which name I shall not mention here!

Anyway over the course of the weekend starting from Friday I played though all three chapters of story mode. The Marine and Predator missions where fantastic. Literally some of the most fun I have had single player in a FPS for some considerable time. The Marine missions where about as scary as they ought to be and I really enjoyed leaping about the place and punching some alien’s face off or stealth killing some poor Marine as a Predator.

The Alien campaign is not as good as the other two though. Don’t get me wrong, it was fun but the designers missed one or two tricks with these missions. First of all you don’t get to begin the alien cycle as a Facehugger which is a shame because the other two games did. Then there was the dodgy waypoint system. With the other to races it was fine but because the Alien can literally climb anywhere this means the next vent or exit point you need can be anywhere to and the heads up display was not fit for purpose.

With the minor Alien campaign niggles aside though, I enjoyed playing as all three factions in this intergalactic clusterfuck of the ages, I would highly recommend anyone to pick this up on the strength of the single player alone. I have yet to try the multiplayer but all of my mates who own this game tell me it’s awesome so I am going to make time for it next week, I will let you guys know what I think after I have played it.

No comments: